Monday, January 29, 2007

CARD BOX INSTRUCTIONS

Thanks to everyone who left comments and sent e-mails asking for the instructions for the card box below! So..... as requested - here are the instructions to make your own Card Box. It is really very simple:

  • Cut a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock (CS) to 12" x 9 1/2".
  • Score each end of the 12" side at 2 1/2". Score each end of the 9 1/2" side at 3 1/2" and then cut each of those scored lines (on the 9 1/2" side only) in from the edge of the paper to where it meets the other scored line. See the picture below.

  • Fold along all score lines and assemble the box. To glue the box together at the sides, I sandwiched the smaller middle piece in between the other two so that you don't see it (it is shorter height-wise than the other pieces). See the pictures below.


NOTE: If you wish to use any eyelets, other embellishments or holes on the box base front for a closure - remember to do it BEFORE you glue it together! I punched two 1/4" holes in the front panel for my ribbon tie after measuring where it needed to be once I made the lid and tested in place, in step 4 below.

  • For the lid, cut a 4 1/2" x 7" piece of coordinating CS (I used the Sweet Leaf from CTMH). Score along the 4 1/2" side at 1" and 2 1/2". Attach to the box by adhering one of the 1" sections to the box back. Round the front corners with a punch. Using the horizontal punch from SU!, make the slot in the front middle and insert a piece of ribbon and a photo hanger.

  • On the box lid, adhere your decorations as desired. I punched out 2 daisy shapes and glued them on by tucking 1 petal of each flower under the 'Beautiful' sentiment on each end.

I hope that answers all your questions. If not, just leave me a comment or send me an e-mail. I'd be glad to help.

And until tomorrow - for Turtle Tuesday - have a great night!

No comments: