Wednesday, January 17, 2007

BLOSSOM BLOCKS - EMBOSS RESIST WATERCOLOUR

When I saw the watercolour tutorial on Erika Martin's Blog (aka StampinMama on SCS) I knew right away what she was talking about when she said a stamp with a "negative space". I have had this stamp set - Blossom Blocks - from CTMH for some time now and never used it. Just didn't know what I wanted to use it for, until now!


Blossom Blocks - Emboss Resist Watercolour.
Each card size is 3 x 3 inches.





Materials: Stamp - Blossom Blocks (CTMH); Ink - Versamark, Blush, Sweet Leaf (CTMH); CS - White, Sweet Leaf, Blush (CTMH), grey; Ribbon - green, white; waterbrush, white square brad (CTMH), sandpaper, embossing powder (EP) - Stardust (Stampendous), heat gun, greeting glue (SU).


Making these cards was really very easy. Check out Erika's tutorial on the link above, it explains it all very well.
I stamped in Versamark on to white CS, then used the Stardust EP and heat gun to emboss the design. This is very glittery EP - lots of BLING factor! Once that cooled, I watercoloured the flowers inside the embossing with a waterbrush. Watercolouring this way is a nice way to learn, as the ink stays inside of the 'wells' made by the embossed image - so that it doesn't run into other areas. These were then matted on to Blush CS and then put on the card front. I added the ribbon at the side, put a corner treatment on the stamped image and sealed it with a brad.
Just as a note, CTMH's CS has a white core so that you can distress it to reveal white. This is what I did on the photo corners - I used sandpaper to distress the CS.
The little envelopes are out of the Sweet Leaf CS and I used Stampin' Up's Greeting Glue on the seals - so that you can lick and seal them just like regular envelopes! I really like that stuff since I make a lot of my own envelopes.


So that is it! These 2 cards are for 2 ladies that might be coming to visit tomorrow. A special hello to JB (or PITA as she refers to herself!). If you are reading this, I'm thinking of you! If you can't come to get this card tomorrow - this card will come to you!


Until later - Have a great day!

No comments: